It’s always nice to travel, but sometimes, you also have to take care of the people who decide to visit your country. Chances are, you’ll always want to show them the things you are proudest off. Right now, love the country you’re from. When guests see that you actually believe in what you’re talking about, they are more likely to be curious. Don’t look at this as a chore. Instead, grab the chance to also see your place in the eyes of a stranger. It always helps to know how others perceive you and where you’re from. If you carry yourself with pride, then you’ll make for the best host.
So, how do you become the host-est with the most-est? Here are some tips:
1. Look through travel brochures that are available practically everywhere. Study the history of some of the monuments. Moreover, also make sure that you also get yourself familiarized with the country your guests are from. That way, you can compare stories and make them more relatable.
2. Ask them beforehand what they want to see and make sure that you make arrangements for them. If you’re unavailable on certain days, ask the help of an equally enthusiastic friend.
3. Also, make sure that you work with their budget. You wouldn’t want to book them in an overly expensive hotel. On the other hand, you may also end up booking them in a place they don’t necessarily like. Ask the hotels within your area for the rates and tell them what these are. That way, you’re helping them without outwardly asking about what they can afford.
4. Check your area for tour guides that have gotten a lot of positive feedback. Call and make the appointment. If you can also ask them for further suggestions, that will really help a lot.
5. Take them to places that they don’t necessarily find in their area. At the same time, find out if they’re willing to test foods that they consider exotic. If they aren’t very adventurous, then you need to choose the establishments carefully. Otherwise, hotel restaurants usually cater to people from all walks of life.
6. See if there are events such as local concerts in your area. This makes for the perfect nighttime activity.
7. Ask friends to go with you. When it comes to visitors, the more you are, the merrier it will be. Make sure that your friends are also the type of people who aren’t too shy. Always be polite and show these people that you are about to expose them with genuinely nice individuals.
8. Another great activity is to get your visitors involved with a type of charity. As people always say, there’s nothing more fulfilling than the act of giving.
Before you even decide to entertain people, make sure that you know your area well and you can answer basic questions. Give them interesting facts and trivia about your country and ask them to share some of theirs as well. The point here is to establish camaraderie.